Phone: (612) 294-2200
Toll Free: (888) 575-5297
Fax: (612) 294-2201
Amanda Crain works as an associate attorney in the family law department at Heimerl & Lammers. She is dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for each of her clients.
Before starting at Heimerl & Lammers, Amanda worked as a law clerk for Referee Patricia A. Moses and Judge David L. Piper of the Fourth Judicial Family District Court. In law school, Amanda worked at the Ramsey County Attorney’s Office in the child support enforcement division. She also participated in the University of St. Thomas School of Law-Judicial Externship with Judge Kevin S. Burke and interned with Judge Anne K. McKeig in the Fourth Judicial Family District Court.
These combined education and work experiences have given Amanda a unique insight into the Minnesota family law process. She uses this knowledge to successfully represent her clients in all family law matters.
Amanda lives in Minneapolis. When she’s not working, she enjoys traveling, running, and spending time with family and friends.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage
- Paternity Adjudications
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Domestic Abuse
- Wills & Trusts
- J.D., University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Honors and Awards: Dean’s List, Dean’s Award: Trial Advocacy, Dean’s Award: Estate Planning, Dean’s Award: Legal Malpractice, Dean’s Award: Lawyer Skills II-Legal Research and Writing
- B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Major: Legal Studies
- Honors and Awards
- Dean’s List
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Articles & Presentations:
- Trying Your First Third Party Custody Case
- The New Divorce: Dealing with Dividing Debt and Filing Bankruptcy Before, During and After a Divorce Proceeding
Pro Bono Activities:
- Wills for Heroes Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota